Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Too much has happened in the world since I last posted to comment on in one post, so I'll pick off a few. Either Blogger or the updated version of microsoft exploder I unwittingly downloaded has changed all my font sizes. I hate not being in control of this supposedly easier to use system.

James Brown died. I'm sorry I never got to see him in concert. In high school there were very few of us in that white-bread suburban school who knew who James Brown, Little Richard, Clarence "Frogman" Henry and others were. It was surf, Beatles, girl groups, Bobby Darin et. al. that got all the play. Made me sad.

Jerry Ford died. At the time of his pardon of Nixon I thought he was as big a crook as Nixon. They were just two thieves hiding the spoils of their collusion. Funny how much wiser Ford got as I matured.

I've been reading a lot of blogs on PDB's links. I shouldn't be surprised by all the negativity out there, but I am. Don't get me wrong; there is also much good writing out there. Most of these sites are gun oriented, conservative politically, and can sound sensible. But most offer no solutions, only criticism. One can have valid criticism without offering solutions, but many of these sites just invite negative criticisms and some descend into ad hominem which just invalidates any argument. (Don't know what ad hominem is? Look it up; I did. "Or are you too stupid 'cause you're fat?")

In a future post, I will link to some of the sites I like, and some I found offensive. (just as soon as I figure out what happened to the new and improved blogger.)

BRB is Write (and still writing)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home