Friday, December 08, 2006

Soup Time in Carolina

In the late Fall our thoughts turn to soup. That's right, hot, savory, delicious, comforting soup. Ms CPB makes the best soup I have ever had; and not only does she do soup very, very well, she likes making it as much as I like eating it. I am many times blessed. She is the Goddess of soups.

This season alone she has made corn and black bean chowder with bacon and lots of other good stuff; vegetable beef; tomato; sausage, greens and bean; chicken veg with pasta. At any one time, we will have several varieties of left-over soup in the fridge. Last night we each had a different soup with grilled cheese sandwiches (my contribution) and still have one more in storage and more planned for the weekend cooking. Which brings me to the whole point of this essay:

How do you, dear reader, re-heat your left-over soup? I favor using a pot on the stove. You get to stir it occasionally and the aroma wafts around the room. Ms CPB has no real preference: microwave or stove top. Now, I have tried both methods and will make time for the stove top. Microwaved soup may not be heated through, the appliance is noisy, and there is no aroma throughout the kitchen.

What do you think? I have to go make a choice for lunch.

BRB is Write (and hungry)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home