Friday, September 15, 2006

DAMNED LIBERAL COLUMNISTS

I read Jonathan Alter weekly. I generally like his columns. But this latest, is the worst, cheapest, shabbiest, piece I have ever read by him. It is beneath his skills. No first year journalism student could get away with it. Not in my school anyway. Go to the links in the right margin and click on Jonathan Alter. Read his so-called opinion piece.

Did I miss the joke in the first paragraph? Writing a "what if" column is as bad as a fiction writer putting the hero in an impossible situation, and then revealing that it was just a dream. It's a cheap trick. It shows no thought, no research, no effort.

Alter, you are much better than that. That's why I'm so hard on you. We liberals have very few columnists we can trust. I trusted you. I don't always agree with you, but I always trusted and respected you. Please give your next column or story a bit more consideration. No more cheap tricks.

BRB is Write (and disappointed)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home