Tuesday, August 08, 2006

More Random Observations

I have never seen any smiling shoppers at Wal-Mart. Have you? Ever seen any happy kids at that place? Have you ever thought, "Oh boy, we're going to Wal-mart!"?

One question you will never hear a cashier ask: "Did you find everything you were looking for?"

Wal-Mart knows that you will put up with a lot because of low prices. We shoppers are not taking advantage of them; they are taking advantage of us.

Tailgaters: get off my butt! I will NOT go faster just 'cause you are enraptured with the back end of my Toyota. If conditions allow, I ALWAYS exceed the speed limit. But if all I can see in the mirror are wide eyes, you on the cell phone, and if I cannot identify your vehicle by the shape of the windshield, count on this: I will slow down. I will slow down and irritate you further. I hope you have no kids riding with you. If you back off, I'll resume exceeding the speed limit.

There are, out there in the real world, people who are totally oblivious to others; some that are totally oblivious to what effect their actions have on others. They think that ordinary rules of behavior NEVER apply to them. You have encountered them. The guy who parks his SUV in front of the convenience store and blocks 3 parking spaces and one set of gas pumps; the woman who parks in the fire lane outside the Harris-Teeter to go in and get just a few items are only two.

I hate to pick on drivers, but I encounter those the most. However, how about grocery shoppers that leave the cart in the middle of the aisle; how about seniors who crowd in front of the line at elevators, in the bank, or any other place I happen to be in?

People, pay attention. The world is getting smaller, the roads and shopping aisles are getting more crowded, the vehicles are getting larger. I am getting older and more cranky. (That's another rant)



BRB is Write (and grumpy)

P.S. When was the last time you drank tap water?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home